Today we start a new series of challenges, The Techniques Challenge.
In the next 10 weeks we will post weekly, every Monday, a new manicure using different techniques. Some will be easier, some will make you go mad, but after all, we will learn something from each other.
The Techniques Challenge is hosted by Glitterholic Facebook Group. If you would like to join us, just join the group.
The first challenge is Gradient Nails and this is my creation:
Products I have used:
- Bourjois - Green Fizz (base color)
- Orly - Green Apple
- KIKO - Nr. 343
- Nubar - Black Polks Dot
- Rimmel Finishing Touch (top coat)
I will present you the steps I have completed, as a mini tutorial:
Step 1. Apply your base color. I have used Bourjois-Green Fizz in 2 coats. This is my newest polish and I am in love with it!
Step 2. Using a sponge, apply you second color. I have covered 2/3 of my nails with this color.
Step 3. Apply your third color on 1/3 of the nail. After this step you can clean you fingers and cuticles using an ear stick.
Step 4. We all have top coats that mess up our lovely manicures and make us go crazy. It's time to use it to smooth the layers.
without top coat
with top coat
Step 5. Apply you glitters and you are ready! It wasn't so bad, was it?
The next challenge will be Ikat Nails and will be posted on the 19th of August, 2013.
Let's check out the other bloggers who participate at this challenge:
- Agota - http://www.nailglaze.com
- Roxy - http://roxy-ch.blogspot.ro
- Anita - http://mydailynaildesigns.wordpress.com/
- Ana Maria - http://unghiutelemele.blogspot.ro/
- Elisa - http://littlebeautybagcta.blogspot.com/
- Andreea M. - http://www.summer-gold.com
- Anca - http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/
- Romina- http://sparkleandlove.wordpress.com
- Madalina - http://misshappyandhernails.blogspot.ro/
- Silvia (Sherri) - http://mani-addicted.blogspot.ro/